Saturday, May 23, 2009

MY UK CRUSH ...

I know what you're thinking and NO, there's no romance in Dee Ha's life (not yet anyway lol). Let me introduce you to my newest FASHION CRUSH from the UK:



You're properly wondering "what the hell?!" but remember that face because he's gonna be BIG (well technically he is big in the fashion world but soon he'll be household name i'm telling you :P). Now repeat his name after me : M A R I O S C H W A B

I've loved this Schwab boy for a while, especially after seeing videos on how his dresses are made. He's one of those fashion designers that you also can call an "artisan" you know. In fact pretty much all designers from the London fashion scene are really the new "IT" things (don't argue, because Tom Ford said so :P). Richard Nicoll, our local talent Josh Goot, Erdem, Roksanda Illincic (is that how you spell her name? lol), Preen, Christopher Kane etc etc, there are so many London designers that are pushing fashion forward that I properly need to do another post on just london fashion very soon. AND NO NOT HOUSE OF HOLLAND THANK YOU VERY MUCH! lol

Now while I can't seem to find his biography (the only thing I know is that he's half greek/austrian), I'll just let photos of his latest collection for fall do it all. Just in case you don't know yet, Mario Schwab's going to be the new creative director for HALSTON (if you don't know Halston either then SHAME ON YOU lol), which is really exciting although i was a bit disappointed the rumour Olivier Theyskens was going to be in charge did not come true.

Anyhoo, below are some of my favourites from his latest collection for fall:







and from his current collection for spring summer:












note the straps on his dresses and tops are not ROBES, they're actually Strands of crystals ( oh WOOT!).

Head over to style.com to view his other collections. I seriously need to visit London to see his dresses in real life :).

I love you all.

~Dee-Ha~

No comments:

Post a Comment