Thursday, May 21, 2009

"it’s easier to look great in a dress when you are skinny"

There you go CARINE ROITFELD said it, i guess my mind just has to follow :P. I love this woman so much it's scary. I swear one day when I get a chance to go to Paris, the first thing I'll do is wait outside the Vogue building and stalks her like a zealous bitch lol. Anyhoo, that was what she said in her recent interview with ACNE PAPER (which i also LOVE). There were a few things she said which i found very fascinating:

"I have good legs, so I prefer my skirt lengths and my high heels. It’s like my uniform. I never wear jeans. Jeans are for my assistants… I wore knee-length jeans skirts. I never wear miniskirts because they make me look older."

TRANSLATION: there you go girls, NO DENIM MINI SKIRTS PLZ!


"With French women you first see the woman and then you see the clothes. Imagine other countries like Russia or China, even Eastern Europe. They don’t have the culture of clothes so they want to show that they can afford to buy a Dolce & Gabbana bag, they want to show labels. In France you cannot see what labels we are wearing. It is very snobby."

TRANSLATION: monogrammed bags, scarves, shoes, watever, even TOM FORD for GUCCI's MONOGRAMMED G STRINGS FOR MEN (glares at the gays) must die! lol

"Cartier is the jewelry you give to your mistress. It is not the jewelry you buy for your wife ....and I love Cartier because of that." - LOL! what more can i say?!

"In France we drink wine and eat cheese and bread and finally we stay slim. I am skinny, and all my girls are skinny" - LIE LIE LIE, jk lol!

" I understood some years ago that we have a lot of power....The power to make everyone you want successful....It is great this power, so you have to use this power in a good way." - how about making dee-ha your new protege?! replace emanuele alt with dee ha plz! :P

"So there is culture here in France that even if you are older you can stay beautiful. Some people do surgery but it’s subtle and the teeth are less white. I think it’s less common in France that a man at the age of 50 buys a Porsche and gets a young girlfriend." - certainly can't apply to dee ha. i'll need my botox in 10 years time plz! :P

You can read the whole interview HERE.

What else can i say? Don't you just love this woman?

Just to remind you how fierce she is:

Carine in Balenciaga fur

Now all Dee Ha needs to do is learn some French.

I love you all!

~Dee-Ha~

No comments:

Post a Comment