Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Recession, WHAT RECESSION??

Seems like retail stores are doing any possible things they can to boost their $$$$. I was browsing the luisaviaroma website for some last spring 2009 bargain sales, when i realized they already had SS2010 stuff on sale! HELLO didn't fashion week just finish like 2 weeks ago?! I mean, they have not even reached the peak of winter in the northern hemisphere! Anyhoo, it's not like I'm complaining, because there were some eye candies that I could already pick out:

1. The ultra glam-chic sequin embroided Lanvin jumpsuit, retailed at ~ $ 15K (!!!) which I LOVED instantly when I saw the show (tacky me hoho :D):



2. Rick Owen's beautiful goddess draped dress, although I'm more interested in the gold cuffs, so gothic chic no?



3. Despite the ultra harsh reviews, Lindsay Lohan directed 'high fashion' *coughs* brand Ungaro still managed to produce some wearable pieces with a (comparatively) decent price tags:



Of course there were pieces that made me roll my eyes and scratch my head, like this hooker fabuleux Balmain sequin ripped dress:



The worst has got to be this:



Please correct me if I'm wrong, but did the price tag say AUD 1315 ?!! PUH LEASE, in this recession time who would pay that much a for train wrecky (American Apparel inspired) t shirt? I might as well go down the road, ask some homeless man for his tshirt, put a Balmain tag on it and still look better!

So ....




WHAT RECESSION I'M TELLING YOU!

~Dee-Ha~

1 comment:

  1. theres artfully distressed and theres just plain wrong. In my oppinion the ksubi laser cut ones were 1000x better for a tenth of the price...

    ReplyDelete